Today’s blog is a super awesome vegan recipe from my dear friend Jenné Claiborne’s new book Sweet Potato Soul. I love soups so decided to make one of the soups featured in the book, a “Cure-All Lentil Soup”.
This one has a ton of great spices/herbs and ingredients to boost your immunity, and comfort you on those days you feel under the weather.
I also love soups because they are an easy way to consume a lot of nourishing ingredients in a single bowl. Even for the not-so-great-at-cooking, this recipe is perfect for its ease and flavor.
Check out the recipe and more details about the book on today’s video blog
Learn About Jenne’s YouTube channel here
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 cup diced yellow onion
1 cup diced celery
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup diced carrots
1 unpeeled white potato, cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
1 cup dried green lentils, sorted and rinsed
8 cups Veggie stock
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon celery seeds
1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon pepper
Salt to taste
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, celery, and garlic and sauté́ until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, potato, lentils, and stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low
- Add the fennel seeds, thyme, celery seeds, sage, and bay leaf.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, or until the lentils become tender.
- Season the soup with soy sauce and pepper.
- Season to taste with salt