This is an incredibly versatile herb infused vinegar, based on the original recipe made famous by the story of the 4 thieves who, legend has it, during the black plague stole from the dead and dying without getting sick themselves.
The herbs on this blend are all regularly used to help us strengthen our immunity, reduce inflammation and most are amazing at helping you improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
This vinegar can we used topically, can be used in food or as a remedy. Check out the video here and the recipe / ingredients below the video.
16 oz organic apple cider vinegar
2 tsp of cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
1 teaspoon black peppercorn seed, crushed
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 bulb fresh raw garlic cloves, chopped
- Fill a large jar with the herbs and then add the organic apple cider vinegar, making sure all herbs are fully covered in the liquid.
- Stir with a wooden spoon and ensure the herbs are thoroughly saturated with the vinegar.
- Seal the jar using plastic paper, then add the metal lid to prevent the vinegar from corroding the metal in the lid.
- Let the mixture marinate for a minimum of 2 weeks (ideally 4 weeks) in a dark place, shaking the jar daily to ensure better extraction.
- Once done, you can strain all the herbs and store in an amber or dark blue color glass jar and start using your vinegar in salads, in tea blends or topically.