The stress of the new world we’re living in can be is overwhelming and can cause a reduction in our immunity response. Adding to the risk, is the toll that stress take on our emotional & mental health and wellbeing.
You may have an extremely busy schedule, working longer and longer hours, are taking care of children, the elderly, the sick. Perhaps you are out of a job and struggling to make ends meet. Or you simply struggle to make a difference in the face of so much pain.
Today I want to share a very simple remedy you can do even if all you have to spare is 5 minutes of self-care each day. It is a stress relief compress that you can apply to your head (over your eyes and forehead), wrap your feet with it or even apply on your chest near your heart, feeling not only its warmth but its healing embrace as well.
All of these ingredients can be easily found in markets around the world and you can use a cheese cloth or small hand towel for the compress. Check it out:
1 lavender tea bag
1 lemon balm tea bag
1 valerian root tea bag
1 chamomile OR passionflower tea bag*
*If you can’t find all 4 of these, pick whatever 3 you can find from the above list. You can still have a truly wonderful blend
- Place all 4 tea bags in a deep ceramic or glass bowl and pour hot water (16 ounces will do)
- Cover the bowl for 30 mins
- Strain the herbs or bags out of the liquid
- Dip a clean cloth or light hand towel in the warm infusion and then squeeze out excess liquid
- Apply the compress over your eyes (you can use another cloth for your feet, even your chest area. Leave for 4-5 mins at a time.
- When the compress cools, dip it into the warm infusion again, squeezing out the excess, and reapplying as often as needed*
*Please do not rewarm the water in the microwave. Use the stove 🙂